If you contact us for any reason, we may retain copies of any letters or emails, and may record written details of any telephone conversation with you. We will not make any audio recording of telephone conversations.
Use of information
We use information held about you only for the following purposes:
- To provide the services offered through our website.
- To process your orders and supply goods to you.
- To respond to queries from you.
- To send you information about products and services provided by our companies that we think may interest you.
- To conduct market research surveys.
- To run competitions.
- To build up marketing profiles (please note that your data is used in anonymous form for this purpose). If you do not wish to receive any information about our products or services please indicate this where appropriate during the registration process. Unless you indicate to the contrary, you are deemed to consent to the use of your personal information in the manner outlined above.
Fire Protection Ltd. will never sell your information to third parties.
We will only use information collected on this website for direct marketing purposes if you give us consent to do so. We may use information held about you for the purposes of analysing how our services are used and how we may improve our services in future.
Any information we use will be kept strictly confidential.
We will not pass your information to any third party except:
- To any company or individual we engage to provide functions on our behalf, such as website hosting, delivering goods to you or insuring those goods until delivery. Such companies and individuals will have access to personal information needed to perform these functions, but may not use it for any other purpose.
- If we are required to disclose information by:
- The Police.
- Any regulatory or government authority.
- A court of law.
- We will inform you of any such order or request for disclosure as soon as reasonably practicable after we receive it, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so or it is not reasonably practicable to do so.
- If we are requested to do so by a third party during the course of an action for the infringement of their rights which we reasonably believe to arise from your use of this website. We will inform you of any such request for disclosure as soon as reasonably practicable after we receive it, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so or it is not reasonably practicable to do so.
We use a number of technologies and operational procedures to protect data submitted to us by our users. Physical security of data on our equipment is provided by a combination of firewalls, website authentication services and data encryption.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you will not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. Click here to find out how to disable/enable cookies.
We use one type of cookie on this site: "session cookies". Session Cookies are temporary cookies that are deleted from your computer when you leave the site. We use session cookies:
- to allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information;
- to allow you to maintain a shopping basket;
- within registration, to allow you to access stored information;
- to collect general information about you when you visit our web site. This information includes technical information related to your computer and the manner in which you are accessing our site, such as: the IP address of your computer; your operating system and browser software; the website addresses of the site from which you just came the site to which you go next; and certain operating metrics, such as the amount of time you use our web site.
We do not use any kind of persistent cookie.
We may aggregate the information we collect from all users using cookies to help us better understand how our site is used, and so that we can provide more meaningful information to corporate partners and more relevant content and advertisements to our users. This aggregated information is in anonymous form and we cannot identify you personally from it. We do not use any "third party cookies" (cookies stored on behalf of other companies, such as advertisers).
Accessing your records
If at any stage you would like to check the information held by us about you please either:
- Contact us electronically (email@example.com).
- Write to Hotchkiss Ltd., 7 Marshall Road, Hampden Park, East Sussex, BN22 9AX.
Please mark your email or letter, "Hotchkiss Group Data Access Request".
We will take the necessary action within a reasonable time. We reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 for complying with such a request. We also reserve the right to take reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making any disclosure of information held by us.
Transmission of data
Whilst we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information you provide will be kept secure from unauthorised access we cannot guarantee that the information will be secure during transmission by you to this website. If you access this website from a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and view personal information held by us (such as your registration details), this will involve transferring such data to the computer you are using to access the website. You should be aware that the country in which you are viewing the data might have less stringent data protection laws than countries within the EEA.
The data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 is The Hotchkiss Group Ltd, 7 Marshall Road, Hampden Park, East Sussex, BN22 9AX.
We have notified the Information Commissioner of our processing, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you have any questions about our use of data held about you, please do not hesitate to contact us.